Chicago Rideshare Injury Attorneys
Helping You Move Forward After a Crash
The experienced accident attorneys at Jeffrey M. Goldberg Law Offices help victims recover compensation when they are injured in accidents caused by Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare service drivers. With more than four decades of experience, our injury law firm has the resources, knowledge, and determination to help you win. Our trusted accident attorneys have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
If you were injured in a rideshare accident, call the attorneys at Jeffrey M. Goldberg Law Offices for a free, no-obligation consultation, and be sure to ask about our no-fee guarantee. 312-236-4146.
Causes of Rideshare Injuries in Chicago
Rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft have taken several steps to help ensure the safety of their passengers – from conducting background checks on drivers to regulating the vehicles their drivers use. Despite these precautions, however, passengers, pedestrians, bicyclists, and other motorists still face a variety of risks. These include, but are not limited to:
- Distracted Driving Accidents: Uber and Lyft drivers use apps on their cell phones to accept rideshare assignments. Many drivers do not pull over before checking these apps.
- Accidents Involving Excessive Speed: When rideshare drivers deliver passengers to their destinations quickly, they increase their availability, and in essence, make more money. As a result, many drivers speed to drive too fast for weather conditions.
- Impaired Driving Accidents: It is not uncommon for rideshare drivers to be under the influence of drugs, prescription medications, or alcohol.
- Drowsy Driving Accidents: There are currently no laws that regulate how much rest rideshare drivers must have between trips, or how many hours they can drive per day. As a result, many drivers spend excessive amounts of time behind the wheel to maximize their earnings.
- Accidents While Entering or Exiting the Vehicle: Slip and fall accidents often occur when riders are getting into or out of the rideshare vehicle.
- Assaults: Despite the required background checks for rideshare drivers, some wrongdoers slip through the cracks. As a result, hundreds of people have reported injuries caused by sexual and physical assaults committed by drivers.
Recovering Compensation for Rideshare Injuries
When people are injured by rideshare company drivers, they may be able to recover compensation by filing a claim or lawsuit against the driver, his or her private insurance company, and/or the rideshare company itself.
While rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft provide substantial supplemental insurance coverage for their drivers, the type and timing of the incident that caused the injuries determines who victims can hold liable for their losses.
- If the accident occurred while the driver was merely logged into the dispatch app, a lesser level of company-provided insurance coverage applies.
- If the driver was actively involved in picking up a rider or providing a ride when the injury occurred, an injured victim may be able to recover up to$1 million in compensation by filing a claim against the rideshare company’s insurance policy.
- If a passenger was assaulted by a rideshare driver, the victim may be able to sue the wrongdoer, and in some cases, the rideshare company as well.
What’s Your Rideshare Injury Claim Worth?
Rideshare injury victims may be able to recover compensation for a variety of losses. These include, but are not limited to:
- Medical Expenses
- Lost Past and Future Wages
- Pain and Suffering
- Diminished Quality of Life
- Punitive Damages (in cases involving extreme misconduct)
No injury attorney can guarantee that clients will receive a specific settlement amount. However, our experienced lawyers will evaluate your case, review medical records and reports, consider insurance policy limits, and identify all responsible parties to provide you with an estimate of the compensation you may be able to recover.